2 October 2015 13:00
The Growth Programme is coming to a town near you
The Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Programme, the European economic regeneration programme for the region, was officially launched on 29 September 2015. Running from 2014-2020, this programme of European funding builds on the previous Objective One and Convergence Programmes.
A series of community level launches will take place during the autumn where local businesses and the general public will have the opportunity to learn more about the Growth Programme and potential funding.
These will take place in the following locations:
- 5 October Wadebridge, Main Hall, Wadebridge Town Hall. 14.00 – 16.00
- 8 October Launceston, Otto Peters Room, Launceston Town Hall. 10.00 – 12.00
- 8 October Bude, Room 1, Parkhouse Centre. 14.00 – 16.00
- 12 October Bodmin, Cornish Room, Bodmin Library. 10.00 – 12.00
- 12 October Camelford, Leisure Centre. 14.30 – 16.30
- 22 October Isles of Scilly, Church Hall, St Mary’s. 13.00 – 15.00
- 23 October Liskeard, Long Room, Public Hall, Liskeard Town Council. 13.00 – 15.00
- 23 October Saltash, Council Chamber, Town Council, Saltash. 16.00 – 18.00
- 9 November St Austell, Barnes Room, White Hart Hotel. 10.00 – 12.00
- 9 November Newquay, Town Council Committee Room. 14.00 – 16.00
- 16 November Falmouth, Maritime Museum. 10.00 – 12.00
- 16 November Helston, The Old Cattle Market. 14.00 – 16.00
- 19 November Camborne, Pool, Redruth, Pool Innovation Centre. 10.00 – 12.00
- 19 November Truro, Haven House. 14.00 – 16.00
- 27 November St Ives, Greta Williams Room, St Ives Library. 10.00 - 12.00
- 27 November Penzance, Lounge Area, Workbox. 14.00 – 16.00
It is hoped that the €600m set aside for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly by Europe will be match funded by both the public and private sector to make an approximate €1 billion investment package over the life of the Programme.
The Programme is made up of three funding streams:
• European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) is worth circa €450 million
• European Social Fund (ESF) is worth circa €150 million
• European Agriculture Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD)
The EAFRD fund will have a smaller allocation of circa £10 million which will align with the wider Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Growth Programme. The funding will deliver smart, sustainable and inclusive growth by supporting innovation and boosting businesses. It will support those most disadvantaged in the region to progress into work or education, improving skills and creating jobs across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
Councillor Julian German, member of the Integrated Territorial Investment (ITI) Board which is responsible for overseeing the Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Growth Programme, said:
"We want to ensure anybody with an interest in EU funding has the opportunity to learn more about the Growth Programme and has the chance to ask questions they might have."
Tarn Lamb, CEO of Cornwall Neighbourhoods for Change, said:
“Here’s a chance to get involved. We are keen to see future investments make a genuine link between people and employers so that the programme can benefit “One and All”. This is a real chance to make a difference and to ensure that this programme reaches the parts other programmes haven’t managed to reach”.