Devon and Cornwall Business Council (DCBC) was formed in 2001 when a relatively small but influential number of private sector businesses felt they needed a ‘single voice’ to represent their views both regionally and nationally where historically, these had fallen beneath the political radar. Devon and Cornwall Business Council (DCBC) is the only regional body that supports private sector businesses by operating at a strategic level across both counties.
We work with a whole range of different organisations of any size and sector as long as they are based within Devon and / or Cornwall.
DCBC is a not for profit organisation, sustained by private sector sponsorship.
Our main objectives are:
- > To provide a well-informed, coherent and authoritative voice to represent the business interests of Devon & Cornwall
- > To ensure that the best decisions are made to deliver sustainable economic prosperity for Devon & Cornwall
- > To work in support of our sponsors and partners to help to achieve collective goals & aspirations
- In order to achieve these objectives:
- > DCBC lobbies on key issues of importance to our business community.
- > DCBC works at a strategic level across the peninsula, brokering high-level connections between the private, public, and third sectors.
- > DCBC works with organisations of any size and any sector, and are proud to include Social Enterprises and education / training providers amongst our sponsor network.