learndirect is a leading provider of technology-led training, including adult skills, employability and Apprenticeships, and eAssessment services.
We have built our market leading position upon:
- a well-invested platform combining the proprietary technology behind our e-learning and eAssessment offering, our comprehensive library of learning content and our national network of branded learning centres, which gives us significant scale in a fragmented UK market
- a strong reputation for devising and delivering high quality training and Apprenticeship programmes which achieve customers’ goals of improving employability or their workforce’s skills and help people move into or progress in employment. We consistently achieve above average success rates in Apprenticeships and high Ofsted ratings
The strength of our offering underpins our long term relationships with a diverse client base including multiple government funding bodies as well as large corporates and SMEs across a broad spread of sectors including childcare, retail, hospitality and catering, financial, healthcare, IT and social care.
The large adult skills and employability market has remained resilient throughout the recent recession, and government funding has been protected. We have a strong track record of growing our share of this market, which benefits from clear cross political party support.
We are well placed to pursue growth by:
- building on our position as the largest provider of government funded Adult Skills and Employability services and expanding our share of the Skills Funding Agency’s approximate £4bn in funding
- growing our leading position as a provider of corporate Apprenticeships by increasing our share of the £1.6bn Apprenticeship market
- securing government e-assessment contracts as the sole supplier appointed under the Cabinet Office’s four year computer based testing framework to make us the UK’s leading e-assessment provider
- selectively acquiring complementary bolt-on businesses which broaden our services or provide access to a new framework agreement