People 1st is the leading skills and workforce development charity for employers in the hospitality, tourism, leisure, travel, passenger transport and retail industries
Our mission is to help employers in customer-facing industries develop a world class work force by influencing stakeholders and delivering world class training solutions.
The People 1st consulting division
- Researches industry skills needs
- Helps employers and employees choose the most appropriate recruitment and training solutions
- Consults and supports employers to set standards and engage with and influence Government policy
The People 1st training division
- Delivers quality assured training and people development solutions through training providers, associate trainers and the National Skills Academy for Retail
- Undertakes projects together with local government and enterprise partnerships
People 1st is an employer-led, registered charity that aims to transform the skills and professional image of hospitality, tourism, leisure, travel, passenger transport and retail industries.
Through our Consulting division we conduct research with employers and work with governments to raise employer ambition and investment in skills, and ensure that public funds are focused on qualifications and training programmes the industry needs and respects.
Where there are gaps in the market we develop world class training programmes through our Training Company to build the self-esteem and loyalty of the workforce. We also help attract and match talented people and good employers through our Careers that Move website and in association with the Hospitality Guild web portal.