Universities South West aims to:
- champion the importance of higher education in the development of a leading-edge, highly-skilled and enterprising region;
- advance the region's reputation as a generator of world class knowledge and high calibre graduates;
- foster and encourage strategic level debate and a regional 'collective voice' for higher education that resonates regionally, nationally and internationally;
- focus partnership working on activities that have a positive impact on the economic, cultural and personal lives of the wider South West community;
- lead in setting the highest standards in sustainable development and corporate responsibility across the region;
- add value to higher education by facilitating collaborative action and sharing good practice. This will be achieved by providing a regional forum for exploitation of the opportunities and strategic issues facing the sector.